English to Hungarian Translation
The quality of the translation boils down to the training and skills of the translator who renders the source document in the target language. No matter, though, how meticulously the translator checks his work, it can still happen that an error slips his attention. It is safe to use a reviewer or a proofreader who checks the translation and compares it with the source document and may propose adjustments to the original translation. This approach ensures that the final translation combines the efforts both from the translator and the reviewer, and the resulting quality is unquestionable.
However, when the time and budget available for the completion of your Hungarian translation project is limited, and the reviewing step is beyond these limits, the quality of the translated material still needs to be checked. Some applications for translation quality assurance are integrated into CAT tools and there are stand-alone programs that are designed to help eliminate errors in translations.
What checks are performed on the translated texts?
Basic checks performed by our Hungarian translation service
- All texts are translated. The tool checks whether there is a completed Hungarian translation in place for each translation unit in the source text. This check works perfectly for translatable texts that are "readable" for the tool (but in the case of a callout on an image where the text is merged into the picture, the computer does not recognize it as text. This potential issue is addressed prior to starting the translation process as we perform an incoming inspection and we check whether the document has images where the text needs to be extracted manually before it is passed on to the translator).
- Inconsistencies in the source document and in the target document. One of the indicators of the quality of a translation is how consistent it is, ie. the same translation unit has the same translation all over the document. It tool also check if the different source translation units have different translations.
Content checks performed by our Hungarian translation service
- Tags. The formatting of a text is indicated by tags to the computer. The tag "<b>" for instance indicates a text that is set bold. It is important to retain these formatting in the target document, therefore CAT tools highlight the tags and flag them if any omission is detected.
- Numerical errors. This check verifies if numbers in the translation are the same as in the target text. Any difference detected is flagged. This is one of the most important checks since numerical errors could lead to serious consequences (e.g.. in the case of medical texts).
- Repeated words, double blanks, repeated punctuation marks. Here the tool flags those errors that are not serious but create bad impression about the quality of the translation.
- Key terms. If we have received a terminology list that we need to comply with, this check is designed to make sure that the required terms are consistently used all through the translated document.
- It goes without saying that the finished translation must be free from any spelling errors and this check is an integrated part of our process.
SmartTranslations Hungarian translation service performs these checks for all translation projects we handle. These steps of quality assurance are covered by the basic price and no additional fee is charged for them.